International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (An Autonomous R&D Centre of Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India) Balapur Post, Hyderabad – 500 005, India
SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME FOR STUDENTS – 2023
About the Programme:
- ARCI conducts a full-time SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (SRIP) for students every year at campuses in Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Initially, students selected for the program at ARCI (Hyderabad Campus) are divided into 5-6 batches, comprising of about 6-8 students per batch, to undergo orientation for about a week.
- After completion of the orientation, each individual student is assigned to a scientist working on one of ARCI’s ongoing R&D programs. Under the guidance of the scientist, each student is expected to carry out an independent mini-project.
- Students are allotted projects depending upon ARCI’s requirement and availability of projects in areas of relevance to ARCI.
- Students selected for the program and assigned to a Scientist at ARCI, Chennai will not undergo any orientation but will begin his/her project work immediately. At the end of the programme, students have to submit a report detailing the research work carried out.
- All students whose performance is satisfactory are issued a participation certificate upon submission of the report.
No. of Students: A maximum of 40-50 students will be selected for the SRIP.
Who are eligible: Students who will be completing 1st year of M.Tech./M.E./ M.S./M.Sc. or 3rd year of B.Tech./B.E. or Integrated M.Tech./M.S./ M.Sc./Dual degree (BS-MS) by May 2023 with a rank within top 10% of their present class are eligible to apply.
Main Subjects Specialization shall be in Metallurgy / Metallurgical & Materials / Ceramics / Chemical / Nano Technology / Mechanical Engineering or Physics / Chemistry / Material Science / Nano Science.
Duration: 45-60 days during May – June 2023.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Students shall use the prescribed ONLINE application form only.
- Hardcopy of the application uploaded, duly supported by attested copies of relevant grade/marks sheets and certificates, a recommendation letter from HoD/Professor specifying rank in class, etc., shall be submitted at the time of joining.
- Mere fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualifications will not vest any right to a student for participating in the Summer Research Internship Programme. ARCI reserves all rights to shortlist/screen the applications and grant permission to Summer Research Internship Programme (SRIP).
- ARCI will not provide any stipend/traveling allowance/ local transport/ accommodation for undergoing SRIP and the students should make their own arrangements. However, the canteen facility (at Hyderabad Campus) at subsidized rates is provided on working days (from Monday to Friday).
- The last date for receipt of the filled-in online application is 31/03/2023.
- For any further details, please write to o firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit; https://www.arci.res.in/careers/summer-internships.php
CHECK FULL NOTIFICATION