VAIBHAV Fellowships (for Indian Diaspora); The VAIBHAV Fellowship is a program for non-resident Indian researchers with a proven track record in research and development at top-ranking institutions to conduct research in India. The fellowship is for one to two months a year for three years, with a grant of USD 5,000, international and domestic travel, accommodation, and contingency funding. The call for applications is issued twice a year, and selection is based on an expert committee’s recommendations.
Objective: The VAIBHAV Fellowship aims at improving the research ecosystem of India’s Higher Educational and Scientific Institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world through the mobility of faculty/researchers from overseas institutions to India.
Eligibility: (for Scientists)
- The applicant should be a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), currently living abroad.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.
- Applicant must be a researcher engaged in an overseas academic / research / industrial organization with a proven track record of research & development working in the top500 QS World University Ranking.
- Plan to pursue research work for a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 2 months a year in a research institution / academic institution in India, spread over 3 years.
- Applicants can submit their proposals only once in a calendar year.
Eligibility: (for Institutions)
1. Higher Educational Institutions / Universities ranked in the top 200 in NIRF overall rankings and have NAAC ‘A” grades (3.0 and above) and scientific institutes.
Nature & Duration of Support:
- The fellowship is tenable only in India and can be implemented in any of the recognized academic institutions, national laboratories, and other recognized R&D institutions The host institution should provide the necessary administrative and infrastructural support
- The fellowship is for 1-2 months each year for a period of 3 years.
The fellows will be entitled to receive the grants as given below:
- Fellowship @ USD 5000 (in equivalent Indian currency)
- International Travel from place of their institute to place of work in India in business class
- Accommodation in 3 or 4-star hotel
- Contingency Rs 1,00,000 per year
- Domestic Travel for academic purposes up to two stations in a year
The host institute will get Rs 10 lakh per year for hosting the scientist and providing office/lab accommodation and facilitation for various infrastructure support,
Selection & Mode of Application
- The call for applications for VAIBHAV Fellowship will be notified through DST website www.dst.gov.in.
- Applications would be invited twice in a year, ending on 31st July and 31st January.
- The application form along with a research proposal highlighting the objectives of the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online.
- The applicant must identify an Indian Institution/University/Research Laboratory for carrying out his research.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the DST.
Documents required (in PDF) should be in the prescribed format:
- Bio-data of Applicant
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant and NOC from their parent institute
- Endorsement Certificate from Host Institute
- Plagiarism undertaking
Termination of the Fellowship
- If any fellow wishes to terminate the fellowship, he/she shall inform DST. The implementing institute should not incur any expenditure from the date of termination of the project or the date of resignation of the PI. The institute will also arrange for the submission of the documents mentioned above.
- DST reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship at any stage if it is convinced that appropriate progress is not being made or the grant has not been utilized properly.
For more details, the following may be contacted:
- Shri S K VarshneyAdvisor and Head
International Cooperation, Division; Technology Bhawan Department of Science and Technology
New Delhi-110016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shri Sujit BanerjeeScientist-FInternational Cooperation Division’; Technology Bhawan Department of Science and Technology New Delhi-110016 Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Charu AgarwalScientist-C
International Cooperation Division Technology Bhawan Department of Science and Technology
New Delhi-110016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check below PDF lifeVAIBHAV Fellowships