The Reserve Bank of India is seeking 25 pharmacists on a contract basis for a maximum period of 240 days. The pharmacists will work in the Medical Department of the bank, maintaining inventory, dispensing medicines, and conducting health camps. Candidates should have a diploma or bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, two years of experience, and be registered with the Maharashtra State Pharmacy Council. The hourly remuneration will be fixed at INR 400, and the maximum working hours per day will be five. Candidates will not be entitled to any pay, allowance, or perks/facilities.
The role of a pharmacist at RBI involves working in the Medical Department of the bank and providing support in the procurement, storage, and dispensing of medicines and medical equipment. The pharmacist is responsible for maintaining the inventory of medicines, ensuring that they are stored in the right conditions, and dispensing them to the bank’s employees as per the prescription provided by the doctors.
In addition to dispensing medicines, the pharmacist also has to maintain the medical records of the bank’s employees and prepare reports on the utilization of medical facilities. They may also be involved in conducting health camps and awareness programs for the employees
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, of 1934. The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Kolkata but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated. Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai (the Bank) invites applications from eligible candidates for preparing a panel of Twenty-five (25) Pharmacists on a contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration for a maximum period of 240 days at various Bank dispensaries located within Mumbai / Navi Mumbai.
No of posts : 25 (SC-2, ST-2, OBC-6, EWS-2, GEN-13)
Educational Qualification :
- Matriculation or its equivalent examination.
- Applicant should possess the minimum qualification of a Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized University registered under Pharmacy Act 1948.
- Applicants with having Bachelor’s degree (B. Pharm) in Pharmacy can also apply for this post.
- Applicant should be registered with Maharashtra State Pharmacy Council.
- Minimum experience of two (02) years as a pharmacist. Experience with PSBs / PSUs / Government Organizations will be given preference.
- Applicant should have a basic working knowledge of computers.
Remuneration, duty hours, and other conditions
- Pharmacists will be paid a fixed remuneration at the rate of Rs. 400/- per hour with a maximum period of five (05) hours per day, not exceeding the maximum of Rs.2000/- per day, and will not be entitled to any pay, allowance or any other perks/facilities.
- The offer of engagement will be for a maximum period of 240 days at a stretch.
- The Bank reserves the right to allocate any dispensary, at its discretion, located within the jurisdiction of Mumbai* / Navi Mumbai*. [*as defined under administrative wards/zones in the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) portal (https://portal.mcgm.gov.in) and Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (nmmc.gov.in)].
- The empaneled Pharmacists may be attached to any one or more of the Bank’s dispensaries, as per the requirement of the Bank. The decision in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- The services rendered by the empaneled Pharmacist/s will not confer on him/her any right for a temporary or permanent post in the Bank’s service. vi. Empaneled candidates, if engaged as pharmacists, will not be regular employees of the Bank and will not be entitled to any facilities admissible to regular employees of the Bank.
- Bank reserves the right to stop utilizing the services of the Pharmacists at any time without any notice or reason thereof. Empaneled candidates, if engaged, are required to comply with and obey all orders and directions, which may from time to time be issued by an employee of the Bank under whose jurisdiction, superintendence, and control, they are placed.
- Empaneled candidates, if engaged as pharmacists, should maintain strict secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and serve the Bank honestly and loyally with high integrity.
- Whenever the necessity arises they will be required to work in any of the Bank’s dispensaries at Mumbai/Navi Mumbai during the working hours of that dispensary and remuneration will be paid depending upon the number of hours, their services are utilized by the Bank.
- Candidates are advised to thoroughly read this advertisement and satisfy themselves about their eligibility before submitting the application.
Modalities for selection
- The Bank will be conducting an interview for the shortlisted candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for an Interview.
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of overall education qualifications (PG/Degree/Diploma), a distance of residence from various Bank dispensaries, experience with PSBs/PSUs/Government organizations/RBI, etc.
- Candidates short-listed after the interview will be subjected to a medical examination and document verification process before engaging as pharmacists. Please note that no TA/HA & any other allowances will be paid for attending the interview.
- A candidate placed on the panel will be engaged as and when the requirement arises subject to his/her being found medically fit and on acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct (Annex II). Impaneled candidates are to be engaged as pharmacists purely on a need basis. Mere selection for empanelment doesn’t confer any right on candidates for day-to-day engagement. The decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- The selected candidate has to sign an agreement with the Bank before engagement as Pharmacist (on a Contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Code of Conduct :
- Every Pharmacist shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to them by any person under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he/she may for the time being be placed.
- Every Pharmacist shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank’s staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Every Pharmacist shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavors to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
- No Pharmacist shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as a Member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
- No Pharmacist shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any Trade Union or a Federation of such Trade Union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
- No Pharmacist may contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Pharmacist engaged by the Bank.
- A Pharmacist shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
- A Pharmacist shall not be absent from his/her duties without permission from the Bank and making alternate arrangements acceptable to the Bank during his/her absence. Such an alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time
- A Pharmacist shall not outsource his/her service to the Bank.
A Pharmacist shall –
- strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which, he/she may, for the time being, happen to be;
- not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall take care that performance of his/her duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
- refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug
- not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication
- Do not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances, and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
- No Pharmacist shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any man/woman employee at the workplace.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behavior, whether directly or by implication as:-
- Physical contact and advances,
- Demand or request for sexual favors,
- Sexually colored remarks,
- Showing pornography,
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal, or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
- The contract is liable to be terminated if a Pharmacist is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
- Pharmacist shall neither give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. A Pharmacist shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
- The provision at (xiii) above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by a pharmacist or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study/work
- The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Pharmacist commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.
APPLICATION PROCESS; Eligible candidates may apply as per the format given in Annex-I only. Application in a sealed cover along with photocopies of certificates of Professional/Academic/Other qualifications, caste certificate, experience certificate, age proof etc. should reach the Regional Director, Human Resource Management Department, Recruitment Section, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai Regional Office, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001 on or before 1700 hrs. of April 10, 2023.
The sealed cover should be super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Pharmacist on a contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration’. Applications not in the prescribed format or not accompanying copies of requisite documents / Certificates will be summarily rejectedRBI Pharmacist Recruitment 2023_compressed