ICON, a clinical research organization, is seeking a Drug Safety Associate (DSA) for their office in Chennai
Drug Safety Associate
job ID; JR088838
Job Type; OFFICE BASED
About the role
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives. Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that unite us as individuals and set us apart as an organization: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development. That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it. If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment with some of the brightest and friendliest people in the sector and helping shape an industry.
Drug safety associate Job Description;
- As a DSA, you will be expected to perform case processing for serious adverse events, serious and non-serious adverse drug reactions, and other medically-related project information such as adverse events of special interest and clinical endpoints.
- Provide input and review relevant safety tracking systems for accuracy and quality and assist with maintaining project files.
- Serve as a resource for investigational sites and ICON personnel on safety-related issues.
- Assist with the generation of study-specific procedures and with identifying out-of-scope activities in conjunction with the MSS Functional Lead.
You will need the following:
- The successful candidate will have relevant clinical research/pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in pharmacovigilance/drug safety, with knowledge of medical terminology and coding systems
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English with good communication and basic computer skills. Detail-orientated and capable of working effectively within a team environment.
- Educational Qualification; Medical/science background (nursing preferred) and bachelor’s degree or local equivalent.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve prioritized building a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
- We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors.
- Our annual bonuses reflect the delivery of performance goals – ours and yours.
- We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan confidently for the years ahead. But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfill your purpose and drive lasting change. ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.