Tea Research Association Jobs – Junior Research Fellow & Project Assistants
The Tea Research Association (TRA) is a premier organization in India dedicated to scientific research and development in the field of tea. TRA has announced a new recruitment drive for the positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Project Assistants under the NTRF-sponsored project titled “Development of a Chitosan Based Nano-Botanical Biopesticides Using Neem and Karanj Oil and its Evaluation Against Tea Mosquito Bug, Looper and Red Spider Mite Infesting Tea.” The project is aimed at developing an effective biopesticide to control tea mosquito bug, looper, and red spider mite infestations in tea gardens. The selected candidates will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals and researchers at Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat, and North Bengal Regional R & D Centre, Nagrakata, West Bengal. Candidates with relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply for these temporary positions, which offer a monthly fellowship and an opportunity to work on an exciting project in the field of tea research
POSITION AVAILABLE UNDER NTRF SPONSORED PROJECT
Ref: 3622/TOK/G.22/ 5870
Posted date; 9th March 2023
Position available for one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and two Project Assistants under the NTRF-sponsored project entitled “Development of a Chitosan Based Nano-Botanical Biopesticides Using Neem and Karanj Oil and its Evaluation Against Tea Mosquito Bug, Looper and Red Spider Mite Infesting Tea (NTRF’s Sanction Order No. NTRF 214/2023)” at Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Tea Research Association, Jorhat-785008, Assam.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF: One):
Essential Qualification: First-class M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences or relevant field. Experience in Entomology related work will be preferred.
Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 20,000/-+8% HRA per month for 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 22,000/-+8% HRA for 3rd year.
Place of work will be: North Bengal Regional R & D Centre, Nagrakata, West Bengal and Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat
Project duration: Three years only.
Project Assistant (Two):
Essential Qualification: B.Sc in Biological Sciences with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from a recognized University
Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 15,000/-+8% HRA per month
Place of work will be: Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat & Nimbion Organics S-52, SIDCO Industrial Estate, Kakkalur, Thiruvallur – 602 003 TAMIL NADU
Project duration: Three years only.
The selected candidate has to travel extensively along tea estates of North East India.
- The above post is purely temporary and a co-terminus with the project.
- Candidates should submit a soft copy of the duly filled–in application form enclosed below along with scanned documents (testimonials of qualifications, mark sheets, experience, date of birth, etc.) to email id. email@example.com within 15 days from the date of advertisement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- No TA/DA or any other expenses will be provided for attending the interview.
- All other terms and conditions of appointment will be governed by prevailing Institute rules and decision of the Chairman of the Selection Committee will be final and binding.
- Selected candidates need to join immediately or at very short notice.
- The Director, Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat, Assam reserves all rights of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the interview without assigning any reason thereof.