Junior Research Fellow vacancy at IIT Jodhpur for Ayurtech research project
IIT Jodhpur has invited applications for the post of Junior Research Fellow in the Centre of Excellence in the “Ayurtech for Integrative Precision Health and Medicine” project. The post is temporary and contractual for one year, with the possibility of an extension. Candidates must have an M.Sc. or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Molecular Biology / Pharmacy / any Biological Science from a recognized institute/university.
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur was established in 2008 to foster technology education and research in India. The Institute is committed to technological thought and action to benefit the economic development of India. Scholarship in teaching and learning, research and creative accomplishments, and relevance to Industry are three driving forces for us at IIT Jodhpur. IIT Jodhpur functions from its sprawling residential Permanent Campus of 852 acres on National Highway 65, north-northwest of Jodhpur towards Nagaur. This Campus is meticulously planned and envisioned as a symbol of academics – simple but deep.
Post: Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from the citizen of India for filling up the following temporary position in the Sponsored Projects at this Institute. The position is purely temporary, initially for 01 Year, and same extendable but co-terminus with the project’s duration, on a contractual basis with consolidated pay. The requisite qualification, experience and others details are given below.
Project No. : S/MOA/MTM/AA/20210105
Project Title: Centre of Excellence in “Ayurtech for Integrative Precision Health and Medicine”
Name of the Project Investigator: Prof. Mitali Mukerji, Prof.Ajay Agarwal
Duration for an initial appointment: 01 Year
Consolidate Pay: Rs. 31,000/- per month+ HRA (As per Institute Norms) 8. Minimum Qualification and Experience
Eligibility: M.Sc. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Molecular Biology / Pharmacy / any Biological Science from a recognized Institute/University with good academic records throughout.
Desirable Qualification: Valid NET / GATE / GPAT Score(optional) Laboratory experience in the area of Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Cell Biology
Brief Description of Project
- Brief Description of Project
- Isolation of Peripheral Blood Monocytes (PBMCs) from blood and PBMC culture for immunophenotyping
- Serum-based assays (ELISAs, biochemical estimations)
- Cell Culture (Preservation, Maintenance).
- Cell line-based Assays.
- Cell biology.
- Job Description
- Carry out research work on the proposed research project
- Keep and maintain the record of the results in presentable form (Soft and hard copy)
- keep track of consumables/contingencies required for the work.
- Assist the PI in preparing various reports related to the research work.
- Carry out any other lab-related work as directed by the PI.
- Maximum Age: 35 Years
General Instructions to Applicant(s)
- The post(s) is purely temporary and contractual for 01 Year, and extension is based on satisfactory performance, but co-terminus with the duration of the project
- An incomplete Application, not in the prescribed format, without a photograph or unsigned, will be summarily rejected.
- Certificate in support of experience should be in the proper format, i.e., on the organization’s letterhead bearing the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of the issuing authority, and his signature.
- Institute reserves the right to a. Fix, modify or revise the eligibility conditions, age and selection criteria as per its requirements at any time. b. Fill up the post, not fill up the post or cancel the advertisement in whole or part without assigning any reason. c. Place a reasonable limit on the number of candidates to be called for the Written Test, Skill Test, and Interview.
- The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then their services shall be terminated.
- Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified/deserving candidates.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
- Candidates will not receive correspondence regarding interviews and reasons for not being called for an interview.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- No need to send a hard copy.
Candidates with the requisite qualification and experience should apply through the ONLINE process until 14 April 2023. The candidates are advised to send a soft copy of the application with all relevant documents to email@example.com (Please mention the advertisement number in the email’s subject line)—no need to send a hard copy.