Advertisement No: AIIMS Bhopal/CFM/Projects/DD/ICMR ECD AND TB/02 Dated: 20/4/2023
Vacancy Notification for temporary/contractual posts under ICMR-funded project
Eligible candidates are invited to attend a WALK-IN TEST and WALK-IN INTERVIEW (as applicable) on the dates mentioned below for the following posts on a purely contractual basis in the extramural research project funded by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) titled “Determinants Of Child Development In Children Affected And Infected With Pediatric Tuberculosis And Implementation Of Home-Based Instrument/Home Based Intervention To Manage/Minimize The Effects Of Pediatric Tuberculosis on Child Development in Children Affected/Infected By Tuberculosis – A Mixed Method Study” under Dr. Deepti Dabar, Principal Investigator, and Associate Professor in the Department of Community & Family Medicine at AIIMS Bhopal.
A. Recruitment for the post of Research Associate – II
- Number of posts: 1
- Consolidated Pay: Rs. 49,200/- per month (including HRA)
- Age: 35 years or less
- Duration of contract: 12 months (likely to be extendable to a total of 36 months subject to continuation of funding by ICMR and performance of the employee)
- Qualifications (Essential):
- Ph.D./MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree
- OR having 3 years of research, teaching, and design and development experience after MVSC/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in a Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal
- Qualifications (Desirable):
- Having publications in Medline/PubMed indexed journals as first and second author
- OR having previous experience in developing and writing full reports of projects (with documentary proof)
- Experience (Desirable):
- Handled a community-based project as a research assistant Social Worker or SRF
- Have published in PubMed indexed journals as an author
- Job Description: The responsibilities include:
- Providing assistance in conducting the project, such as literature review, microplanning for data collection, quality assurance & supervision, qualitative interviews, data analysis, report writing & dissemination, selection of other staff, procurement, and maintenance of tools & equipment, financial record-keeping, and other assigned tasks by the PI.
- The employee must have a valid driver’s license for a two-wheeler (with gear) & car and must own/arrange for a two-wheeler/car for project-related travel.
- Mode of selection: Walk-in Written test and Interview by a competent selection panel (or Walk-in written test as applicable)
- Date of Written Test and/or interview: 24.05.2023 (Wednesday), 11 am to 2.00 pm
- Time of Reporting: Candidates should report between 9:00 am to 10:00 am on the date of the interview.
- Reporting Venue: Room No 18, Department of Community & Family Medicine, Second Floor, Medical College Building, AIIMS Bhopal.
- The interview will be conducted in the following subject areas: Research Methodology, Human Resources & Financial Management, Child Health, Infectious Diseases, Information Technology in Health, Psychometry & Social Science Research with a focus on NTEP.
- Candidates must bring:
- Duly filled application form
- Self-attested photocopies of proof of date of birth (birth certificate/class 10th certificate), eligibility qualification mark sheets, degrees, experience certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), qualifying degree registration with the statutory council (if applicable), and other relevant testimonials.
- Original certificates for verification
- The date of the interview will be used as the cut-off for calculating the age to determine eligibility.
- Age Concession: Age relaxation is admissible as per the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time for SC/ST/OBC candidates, Retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects), and ex-servicemen. Age relaxation to the extent of services rendered in the research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The advertisement is hosted on the websites of AIIMS Bhopal (www.aiimsbhopal.edu.in).
- Application Fees: Nil
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Candidates are responsible for ensuring their eligibility as per the prescribed qualification and experience. Misinformation detected at any stage will make the candidate liable for legal action. Permission to appear in the selection process does not approve the candidate’s eligibility. Even after qualifying for the selection process, the candidate may be disqualified at the time of document verification if they do not fulfill the essential eligibility criteria.
- These appointments will be made from the staff strength sanctioned to the extramural project, and employment in this extramural project does not guarantee an appointment within the sanctioned staff strength of AIIMS Bhopal or ICMR.
- Tenure: The assignments are purely on a contract basis for the specified period. This appointment does not guarantee regular appointment or permanent absorption in AIIMS Bhopal or ICMR or continued contractual appointment.
- Expiry of Contract: The contract will automatically expire on the completion of the specified period unless renewed with mutual consent. The contractual appointment can be terminated at any time by either side by giving 30 days’ notice or salary in lieu thereof.
- Leave: The leave entitlement of the appointee shall be governed by the ICMR leave policy governing ad-hoc/extramural/short-term research projects, as amended from time to time.
- Accommodation: No hostel or any other accommodation will be provided by the Institute/Principal Investigator.
- Candidates who are already in government service shall submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the present employer at the time of the walk-in written test or interview.
- The prescribed qualification is minimum, and mere possession of the same does not entitle any candidate to selection.
- The candidate should bring along original certificates in support of age, educational/professional qualification, experience, etc., and two recent passport-size color photographs. One set of self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents should be submitted with the application form. Failure to do so will disqualify the candidate from participating in the walk-in written test or interview.
- The candidate applying in response to this advertisement should ensure their eligibility in all respects.
- No traveling or other allowances will be paid to the candidate for appearing in the written examination or for joining the post.
- Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
- Private practice of any type is prohibited.
- The candidate may be posted at any place as per the requirement of the project, including rural areas/field sites.
- The candidate is expected to conform to the rules of conduct and discipline applicable to institute employees.
- The decision of the competent authority regarding the selection of the candidate will be final, and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
- The candidate should not have been convicted by any Court of Law.
- If any information given or declared by the candidate is found to be false or if the candidate has willfully suppressed any material information relevant to their appointment, they will be liable to be removed from the service, and any action deemed fit by the appointing authority may be taken.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- The competent authority reserves the right to amend, cancel, and make changes to this advertisement as a whole or in part without assigning any reason or giving notice.
- All information/updates about this advertisement, including the date of the written examination, result, joining, etc., will be displayed on the AIIMS Bhopal (www.aiimsbhopal.edu.in) website and the notice board of the Department of CFM of the institute.
- AIIMS Bhopal will not send individual intimations to applicants. It is the responsibility of applicants to regularly visit the institute’s website to stay informed of any developments.
- All disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Court of Law at Bhopal.
- If the selected candidate does not report for joining, candidates next on the waiting list from this recruitment process itself will be offered to join as per their order in the waiting list.
view the full detailed notification