IIT Goa invites applications for Chemistry JRF Recruitment
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Goa is inviting applications for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in Chemistry. The project, sponsored by the Indian Space Research Organisation, involves designing and synthesizing organic molecules for making nitrogen-enriched polymers for high-energy materials
Project Title “Insensitive high nitrogen binders for energetic applications” in the School of Mechanical Sciences, IIT Goa.
Job Title: JRF
Sponsor: The project is sponsored by the Indian Space Research Organisation, Department of Space, Government of India
Nature of work
The project requires an interdisciplinary approach. It involves designing and synthesizing organic molecules that can be used as a monomer for making nitrogen-enriched polymers for high-energy materials. These high-energy materials will be tested for their characteristics. JRF will receive training in organic synthesis, polymerization, and energetic material testing and applications.
No. of Position One (1)
Duration of Appointment One year will be extended further based on the performance.
Graduate/Post graduate degree in Chemistry was selected through the process described in any of the following.
a)Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test
– CSIR-UGC NET, including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b)The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Department and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Research experience in Organic Synthesis, characterization and polymer chemistry
Salary 31,000/- PM
- DA is Not to be entitled to DA.
- HRA As per funding agency norms.
- Medical Benefits As per the Institute norms.
- Leave entitlements As per the Institute norms
How to apply Interested candidates can fill out the below form. https://forms.gle/cDNVE5Fo9p4bBdEx5
Last Date of application 27th April 2023, 5:00 PM
For any update regarding the last date of submission of the application, candidates must visit: https://iitgoa.ac.in/project-position/
- Suppose the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large. In that case, the constituted selection committee may restrict the number of candidates to be called for selection to a reasonable limit of desirable qualification and /or on the record of academic performance and/or any other benchmark decided by a committee constituted to screen the applications. No communication will be entertained with candidates who are not called for selection.
- If the applicants have any questions, they can write to the subject email@example.com. They must mention the Institute project number “2023/EMR/AA/055”.
- Informal inquiries via email may be made with PI: Dr Anirudha Ambekar, Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the selection process.
- Selected candidates must join in a reasonable time upon receipt of the offer.