S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) is inviting applications for its Summer Research Programme 2023, aimed at students in their first or second year of M.Sc. or in their 4th or 5th year of Integrated M.Sc. The programme will run for eight weeks, from May 1st to July 15th, and participants will work on research projects supervised by a faculty member of SNBNCBS. Students with consistently good academic records can apply by filling out an online form, with the application deadline set for April 16th. Selected students will receive financial support, including hostel fees and train fares.
S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences is inviting applications for Summer Research Programme 2023.
S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences announces Summer Research Programme – 2023 to be conducted from 01/05/2023 to 15/07/2023. Interested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Students in first/second year of MSc. or 4th / 5th year of Integrated M.Sc. in Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences (including Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Optics and/or Photonics, Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Electronics, Engineering Physics, Material Sciences, Nanotechnology)
Duration The project will be for a period of eight weeks (with no break) under the supervision of a Faculty Member of SNBNCBS. Extensions are not allowed.
- This is not equivalent to an M.Sc. dissertation.
- On-campus accommodation may be provided based on the request and availability of hostels rooms on the basis of rent (currently Rs. 100/- per day).
- Access to computational and library facilities will be provided as per rule of the Centre.
- Each candidate must submit a formal Joining Letter on joining
- Candidates who have INSPIRE or other funding support for the Summer Project must mention it clearly in their application.
- At the end of the project, students are required to give a presentation on their work and also submit a project report for the award of the completion certificate
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of SNBNCBS
Selected students who SNBNCBS funds will receive
- Rs 2,000 per week to cover the all the expenses including hostel fee
- return AC III tier train fare for the shortest route between their place of work/residence and nearest railway station to SNBNCBS
How to Apply
Interested students with consistently good academic record may fill up the online application form (https://forms.gle/5qFzNzwu3JF82q8L6).
- Students must contact (through email) and get the consent of the respective faculty members before submitting the online application. The list of members of the faculty of the Centre and their fields of research are available in the website of the Centre www.bose.res.in.
- The updated CV should be uploaded during the online application.
- One recommendation letter (scanned copy duly signed in the official letterhead) should be uploaded by the referee through the online form (https://forms.gle/zt2mpGsejbPd7Qqy8) by the concerned Head of the Department or by a senior member of the Faculty, who has taught the student
- Last date for receipt of online application form: 16/04/2023
- Publication of list of selected candidates: 24/04/2023
- Summer Research Programme start date: 01/05/2023
- Duration: 8 (eight) weeks (between 01/05/2023 to 15/07/2023)
For any query, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org