LabCorp, a global life sciences company, is currently seeking experienced and skilled individuals to join their team as Senior Medical Writers in Mumbai. The Senior Medical Writers will be responsible for developing and reviewing clinical study reports and scientific documents across various therapeutic areas, including oncology, immunology, and infectious diseases.
LabCorp is a leader in drug development and diagnostic testing, and this is a great opportunity for individuals who want to contribute to advancing healthcare through scientific research and communication. As a Senior Medical Writer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, provide mentorship to junior medical writers, and ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical documents.
The successful candidates will have a strong scientific background and excellent writing skills, along with experience in clinical writing and regulatory writing. They should also have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are passionate about scientific writing and looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the life sciences industry, LabCorp’s Senior Medical Writer position in Mumbai could be an excellent opportunity for you.
senior medical writer job description
- Implement and promote the use of consistent, efficient, and quality processes to meet timelines and deliverables according to requirements and standard operating procedures, and assume accountability for the deliverables
- Ensure compliance of operations with governing regulatory requirements
- Create, maintain, and assume accountability for a culture of high customer service
- Efficiency in conducting literature searches for authoring various types of reports
- Write and review various safety reports (or part of such reports) for global regulatory submissions for Labcorp’s clients, including Annual Reports (IND and other), Periodic Safety Update Reports, Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Reports, Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Reports, Bridging reports, and other clinical documents, as assigned.
- Perform/review Signal detection activities
- Author/ review RMPs, ad hoc reports, Safety Update reports, Benefit-Risk Evaluation, CCDS supporting documents, ACOs, and Addendum reports
- Act as a writing coach, devise training programs
- Author/review SOPs/WIs/process documents or sections as applicable
- Impart/conduct Training for peers and team members
- Coordinate activities related to various types of report writing across a team of writers if applicable
- Perform various support activities such as tracking, maintenance of metrics, performing and documenting quality checks and training
- Assist in the estimation of resource requirements and responding to RFPs as needed
- Internal and external (client) communication & co-ordination to get the required inputs
- Get resolution on issues affecting project deliverables
- Any additional activities as per the project requirement or manager’s discretion on completion of relevant trainings
Qualifications; Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Pharmacy/related science area OR Bachelor’s degree in Medical Science
- 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least 3 years of it in medical writing
- Experience in drug discovery and pharmacovigilance is desirable
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, LabCorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.