The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is a research institute located on the campus of Savitribai Phule Pune University in India. The institution is inviting applications for several positions temporarily for various extramural projects. The positions include:
Research Associate – I for the project “Characterization of Pseudogene-like CTs in Ovarian Cancer.” The candidate should have a Ph.D./MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or three years of research, teaching, and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech, with at least one research paper in a Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal. Desirable experience includes molecular biology, bioinformatics, and RNA biology. The project tenure is until January 23, 2026.
Research Associate – I for the project “Identification and validation of Neoantigens in a syngenic mouse model of ovarian cancer.” The candidate should have the same qualifications as above. Desirable experience includes immunology, mouse handling, and cell biology. The project tenure is until April 16, 2024.
Research Associate – I for the project “Structural Investigations of GluK2 and GluK3 kainate receptors in the lipidic environment.” The candidate should have the same qualifications as above. Desirable experience includes the expression and purification of multiprotein complexes, structure determination via X-ray crystallography or single-particle cryo-electron microscopy, protein biochemistry, structural biology, and cryo-electron microscopy. The project tenure is until March 21, 2024.
Junior Research Fellow for the project “Proteogenomics-based identification and characterization of a novel ITGB8 isoform in ovarian cancer and elucidation of its functional relevance.” The candidate should have a post-graduate degree in basic science or a graduate/post-graduate degree in a professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following: a) Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and/or GATE. b) The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc. Desirable experience includes molecular biology, cell biology, and bioinformatics. The project tenure is until September 26, 2023.
Junior Research Fellow for the project “To develop therapeutic leads to counter PD-L1 mediated suppression of the immune system in the cancer microenvironment.” The candidate should have the same qualifications as above. Desirable experience includes nanobody development, protein purification, crystallization, tissue culture, western blotting, and molecular cloning. The project tenure is until March 19, 2024.
The monthly emoluments for the research associate positions and the junior research fellow positions are Rs. 47,000 + HRA and Rs. 31,000 + HRA, respectively. The age limit for the research associate positions is not more than 35 years as of the last date of application, and for the junior research fellow positions, it is not more than 28 years as of the last date of application.
- Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE only through our website.
- The application should be submitted online on or before 12th May 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
- Link to apply: ccs. res.in/Career/6
- Candidate should have a valid email before applying online. All mandatory fields must be filled in.
- You can apply for maximum of three positions. Apply for each position separately.
- Scanned photo/signature in JPG/JPEG format only. (File Size less than 200KB)
- Readable scanned copies of certificates – SSC, HSC, Graduation, Masters, Ph.D., etc. (PDF File – Size less than 2MB)
- Provisional/Passing Degree Certificates would be acceptable in case the candidate is in the process of getting the Degree Certificate. (PDF File – Size less than 2MB)
- SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from the appropriate authority. (PDF File – Size less than 2MB)
- In addition, OBC candidates must also produce the latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits. (PDF File – Size less than 2MB)
- A proof of date of birth must be uploaded. Please see Annexure A (PDF File – Size less than 2MB)
Documents Check List
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Mark sheets for essential qualifying degree for the final Semester.
- Essential qualifying degree certificate
- Work experience certificates, if applicable.
- Copies of NET/GATE/National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc and other relevant documents, if applicable.
- Caste Certificate, Latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate, if applicable.
- Proof of date of birth (Please see Annexure A) List of shortlisted candidates for the interview selection process with details of date, and time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and Interview details for Shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
The selected candidate at the time of joining must bring all the original and self-attested certificates in support of the date of Birth. Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Details of the Exams passed (10th onwards), Caste Certificate, if any, and other relevant documents for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies. The duration of the offer will be determined based on fund availability
Other important Points :
- The Director, of NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process if required.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an online interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for online interviews only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
- Number of candidates to be called for the interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
- The above-advertised positions are filled up purely on a temporary basis for a limited period on the extramural projects funded by various funding agencies. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in a funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
- Fellowship/Emoluments: Emoluments to the research personnel engaged under the project will be made by the sanction order or latest DST O.M whichever the case may be.
- The age limit will be considered on the closing date of receipt of the application. Age relaxation of 5 years in the case of Women/SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in the case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt, of India norms will be followed.
- Age & Experience may be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- The posts advertised shall be need-based without any commitment to their filling.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty within one month of the receipt of offer of appointment.
- Lower positions may be offered, if candidates are not found suitable for the above advertised positions.