Associate Medical Coding Professional: Simplifying Quality in Clinical Development
Department: Data Systems & Automation, Bangalore Global Development GBS (DSA,BGD)
Are you passionate about ensuring quality and simplifying processes? Do you possess an innovative mindset to drive change in a future-ready environment? Are you eager to support your colleagues and stakeholders by challenging the status quo in a friendly and open-minded manner? If you answered yes to these questions, an exciting opportunity awaits you as our new Associate Medical Coding Professional. At Novo Nordisk, we are dedicated to pushing boundaries and encouraging you to deliver the best work of your life. Apply Now and embark on an extraordinary journey with us.
About the Department: Data Analytics & Facilitation – CDS GBS
CDS GBS is committed to supporting the global DM community by delivering essential clinical trial DM requirements while ensuring the timely archival and submission readiness of eCRFs. Our skilled team specializes in Medical Coding, eCRF Archival & Submission Readiness, System Interfaces, and trial data report facilitation. Our DM Process & Innovation specialists are at the forefront of driving process improvement initiatives, fostering the development of DM competencies, and providing support during audits and inspections.
The Position: Associate Medical Coding Professional
As an Associate Medical Coding Professional, you will play a crucial role in the timely and accurate categorization of verbatim text in assigned clinical trials. Using the TMS Application, you will ensure standardization by referring to medical dictionaries and nomenclature such as MedDRA and WHO Drug Global. Additionally, you will perform ATC coding for concomitant medications, considering project and trial requirements.
Key Responsibilities of an Associate Medical Coding Professional
- Conduct timely and accurate categorization of verbatim text in assigned clinical trials using standard medical dictionaries and nomenclature (MedDRA and WHO Drug Global) through the TMS Application.
- Perform ATC coding for concomitant medications, considering project and trial requirements.
- Take proactive measures to prevent negative impact on quality or timelines while handling medical coding data.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external coding procedures by coordinating with Senior/Medical Coding Professionals and Global Safety, while maintaining contact with relevant external organizations.
- Support end users independently, aligning with the strategic objectives of standards governance bodies and the company as a whole.
- Provide status reports on the coding progress of clinical trials.
- Hold an MSc / BSc in Life Science or a comparable degree in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, veterinary science, or clinical information management, or possess equivalent qualifications.
- Have 0-2 years of experience in the Pharma industry or Development, preferably with knowledge of Medical Coding dictionaries and project management expertise.
- Possess a strong understanding of ICH GCP and the drug development process.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office, MS Projects, and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit excellent written and spoken English language abilities.
- Showcase exceptional planning skills and the capability to handle complex tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Possess strong analytical skills and a results-oriented mindset.
- Be a valuable team player with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Display a proactive and resilient attitude towards changes.
Contact; To submit your application, please upload your CV online (click on Apply and follow the instructions).
Deadline; Apply before 22nd May 2022.