In today’s competitive job market, finding a stable and rewarding career opportunity is a top priority for many individuals, especially those in the field of pharmacy. If you’re a pharmacist looking for a government job, there is an excellent opportunity waiting for you at the Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Limited (GSFDC). This article provides all the essential information you need to know about this exciting opportunity as an Ayurvedic Pharmacist at GSFDC.
Overview of Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Limited (GSFDC)
Established in August 1976 and registered under the Companies Act 1956, GSFDC plays a crucial role in the execution of the Minor Forest Produce (MFP) trade, which was nationalized in Gujarat in 1979. As a corporation, GSFDC is committed to protecting the economic interests of Scheduled Tribes (STs), Scheduled Castes (SCs), and other weaker sections while upholding its corporate status. It is important to note that GSFDC does not receive any grants or budgetary support from the government.
Post: Ayurvedic Pharmacist
The current job opening at GSFDC is for the position of an Ayurvedic Pharmacist. As an Ayurvedic Pharmacist, you will be responsible for various tasks related to the production, quality control, and development of Ayurvedic medicines.
Qualifications required for the position
To be eligible for the position of Ayurvedic Pharmacist at GSFDC, candidates must meet the following qualification criteria:
- A degree in Ayurveda or Ayurvedic Pharmacy, Siddha, or Unani system of medicine conferred by a recognized University, State Government Statutory Faculties, Councils, and Boards of Indian Systems of Medicine recognized by the Central Government.
- A diploma in Ayurveda, Siddha, or Unani system of medicine granted by a State Government or an institution recognized by the Central Government.
- A graduate in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry or Botany from a University recognized by the Central Government with a minimum of two years of experience in the manufacture of drugs related to Ayurvedic, Siddha, or Unani systems of medicine.
- A registered Vaid or Hakim in the State Register Practitioner of indigenous systems of medicines with a minimum of four years of experience in the manufacture of Siddha or Unani drugs.
- A qualification as a Pharmacist in Ayurvedic (including Siddha) or Unani systems of medicine, possessing a minimum of eight years of experience in the manufacture of Ayurvedic, Siddha, or Unani drugs as recognized by the Central Government.
Job Location: Vadodara
The Ayurvedic Pharmacist position is based in Vadodara, a vibrant city in the state of Gujarat, India. Vadodara offers a favorable work environment with excellent infrastructure and ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Duties of an Ayurvedic Pharmacist at GSFDC
As an Ayurvedic Pharmacist at GSFDC, your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out production in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines.
- Ensuring the quality of the products produced in the production unit and making necessary qualitative changes if required.
- Developing new patents and proprietary products and obtaining approval for their production and sale.
- Preparing herbal medicine and obtaining approval for its production and sale.
- Assisting in the production of approved Ayurvedic herbs.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the manufacturing unit and providing training to workers in this regard.
- Coordinating with the food and drug regulatory system offices for production licenses and other related tasks.
- Providing training to employees working in the manufacturing unit.
- Offering guidance on the purchase of new machines and equipment for manufacturing existing and new products.
- Ensuring the quality standards of the manufacturing process and collecting and maintaining standard samples.
- Maintaining records related to the product.
Experience and relaxation criteria
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes will have a relaxation of three years in terms of experience. It is mandatory to have at least one year of experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing in a recognized Ayurvedic Pharmacy. The above-mentioned qualifications should also be passed with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates with experience in Co-operative Pharmacy, Limited Company, and Corporation will be given preference.
To be eligible for the Ayurvedic Pharmacist position at GSFDC, candidates must have basic knowledge of computers. Additionally, knowledge of Gujarati, Hindi, and Sanskrit languages is required.
Interested candidates should visit the GSFDC website to read the detailed advertisement and download the prescribed application format. The completed application should be submitted to the head office of the corporation.
For further inquiries or clarifications, you can contact:
Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Ltd. Vanganga, 78, Alkapuri, Vadodara-390007
The last date to submit the application is 02-06-2023. Make sure to complete and submit your application before the deadline to be considered for this opportunity.
Benefits of joining GSFDC
Joining GSFDC as an Ayurvedic Pharmacist offers several benefits, including:
- Stable government job with attractive remuneration.
- Opportunities to work with a reputable organization committed to protecting the economic interests of marginalized sections of society.
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
- Chance to contribute to the production and promotion of Ayurvedic medicines.
- Positive work environment and supportive colleagues.
Career growth opportunities
GSFDC provides various avenues for career growth and advancement. As an Ayurvedic Pharmacist, you can explore opportunities for higher positions within the organization, such as senior pharmacist, quality control manager, or research and development specialist.