Graduate Research Internship Program
The “JNCASR Graduate Research Internship Program” (GRIP), is designed for bright, final year B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent, M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent, Masters in Science, Integrated M.Sc, B.S-M.S, or MBBS to carry out their final year research project work at JNCASR. The project work to be carried out should form part of the academic requirements. The duration of the project work will be for a semester or for an extended duration of up to 1 year depending upon the academic requirement.
Company Name: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
JNCASR, based in Bangalore, is a prestigious institution dedicated to advanced scientific research. With world-class facilities and a focus on cutting-edge research, JNCASR offers a conducive environment for scholars and researchers to explore and expand their horizons. The Graduate Research Internship Program is one of the initiatives through which JNCASR supports budding researchers in their academic pursuits.
The GRIP is open for admission twice a year i.e. for the January term and August term.
- The program is applicable to students who have just begun or are transitioning to the final year of B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent, M.E/M.Tech. or equivalent, Masters in Science, Integrated M.Sc, B.S-M.S or MBBS. The eligibility criteria include a minimum aggregate score of 80 percent in the 10th and 12th standards.
- The duration of the project work will be for a semester or for an extended duration of up to 1 year depending upon the academic requirement
- While submitting the application, the application fee of Rs. 500/- is to be paid through UPI/NEFT to:
- Name of the bank: Canara Bank
- A/c No.: 0683101013474
- IFSC Code: CNRB0000683
- Branch Name: IISc, Bangalore
- After making online payment, the transaction receipt details are to be given in the application and the receipt is to be uploaded at the appropriate place.
4. The selection process will be as follows.
5. The list of the projects available for the applicants can be accessed: List of Projects offered for GRIP- Jan. 2024.pdf
6. Students will need to note the codes of up to a maximum of two projects that are aligned with their interests in the order of preference.
7. For a given project, one student will be selected among all the applications corresponding to a given project.
8. The final selection will be based on the academic merit of the student (as relevant to the project) and two letters of reference.
9. Students selected for the program will be required to submit an undertaking stating that none of the research carried out at JNCASR will be published or patented independently and the faculty member hosting that specific project at JNCASR will be consulted regarding the outcome of the research.
10. Selected students will be charged an internship fee of Rs. 5,000/-
11. Accommodation within the campus will not be provided due to the paucity of accommodation. We have a small database of private residential facilities close to the campus, and the selected students will be given access to this database.
12. Medical facilities offered by Dhanvantri (Health Centre, JNCASR) may be availed by the students, but medicines, tests, and hospitalization will not be covered by JNCASR, and it has to be borne by the student.
13. Students are advised to take an appropriate medical insurance policy to cover unforeseen circumstances
14. On successful completion of the given project, students will be issued a project completion certificate and the project work carried out by students at JNCASR may further be evaluated by the concerned college/Institution for the award of mark/grade for the project as per its norms.
Applications are invited for Graduate Research Internship Programme (GRIP) Jan. 2024 admission
- Applicants must be in the final year of their qualifying degrees.
- A minimum aggregate score of 80 percent in the 10th and 12th standards is required.
The duration of the project work can range from one semester to an extended period of up to one year, depending on academic requirements.
To apply for GRIP, students need to:
- Complete the online application.
- Pay an application fee of Rs. 500/- via UPI/NEFT to Canara Bank.
- Submit transaction receipt details along with the application.
- Review the list of available projects.
- Choose up to two projects that align with their interests in order of preference.
- Final selection is based on academic merit and two letters of reference.
- Selected students will be charged an internship fee of Rs. 5,000/-
- Accommodation within the campus is not provided, but access to private residential facilities is available.
- Medical facilities are available at Dhanvantri (Health Centre, JNCASR) but may involve additional costs.
- Students are advised to have appropriate medical insurance.
Upon successful project completion, students will receive a project completion certificate. The project work carried out at JNCASR may be evaluated by their respective college/institution for the award of marks/grades.
How to Apply
The application window for the Graduate Research Internship Programme (GRIP) for the January 2024 term is now open. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to enhance your research skills and explore the world of advanced scientific research.
- Last Date to Apply: 30th November 2023
Last date to apply: 30th November 2023.
Please visit the Application portal