INSTITUTE OF LIFE SCIENCES Advertisement for the PhD Program
INSTITUTE OF LIFE SCIENCES (An Autonomous Institute under the Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India) Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar 751023, India
Advt. No.: 09/2023
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, engaged in advanced research, invites applications from Indian nationals for the position of Junior Research Fellows leading to Ph.D. program.
The faculties interested in taking students through the Ph.D. program of ILS are listed below with their research interests. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed information regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
Name of PI & Area of Research
- Dr. Soumen Chakraborty Understanding the role of several factors in the progression of leukemia
- Dr. Rupesh Dash Molecular profiling of drug-resistant oral squamous cell carcinomas
- Dr. Debabrata Biswas Host-pathogen interaction and Skin immunology in Bacterial pathogens
- Dr. Seema Pradhan Plant genomics and Molecular biology: Role of transcription factors in
abiotic stress response in mung bean
- Dr. Amol R. Suryawanshi Understanding Cancer and Viral disease biology through Clinical proteomics
- Dr. Anshuman Dixit Development of molecularly targeted therapies against oral cancer.
- Dr. Gulam H Syed Molecular mechanism(s) that drive RNA virus infection and disease pathogenesis
- Dr. Satish Devadas T cell and the immune response
- Dr. P.V. Ramchander Understanding the molecular basis of human genetic diseases
- Dr. Amaresh Panda Characterization of circular RNAs in pancreatic beta-cells
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in Life Sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology) with at least 55% (without rounding off) (relaxation will be given as per GoI guideline). Candidates awaiting final results may also apply; however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the interview date, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC-RGNF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE, or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government of India having a valid fellowship for five years. If the original certificate is unavailable, the candidate must provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application. Candidates with score sheets can also apply; however, they must submit their certificate at the time of the interview if shortlisted.
- The candidate should be below 28 years of age as of 27th March 2023. However, the upper age limit may be relaxable up to 5 years in the case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD)/female applicants and03 years in the case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
- Reservations will be applicable as per GoI guidelines.
- Incomplete applications, providing false/incorrect information, and non-possession of essential qualifications detected by the competent authority at any stage of the selection process will lead to the candidate’s disqualification. The decision of the competent authority at ILS will be final and binding. Interested/eligible candidates may apply ONLINE through the link provided at the institute website (www.ils.res.in )
Applicants except SC/ST/ PWD are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/-. Candidates have to pay the application fee online only by using the link provided in the online application form.
The fellowship and other emoluments will be per the guidelines of the funding agencies – DST/DBT/CSIR/UGC/ICMR and revised from time to time.
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
The list of candidates selected for the interview will be published on the Institute website (www.ils.res.in).
- Last date for receiving applications: is 27th March 2023.
- Date of display of shortlisted candidates and instructions on the Institute website: 30th March 2023.
- Tentative date of interview: 17th & 18th April 2023.