Medical/Scientific Communication Writing, Medical
Information, Publication Writing, and Medical Affairs Writing roles.
Senior Associate – Scientific Writing
Senior Associate – Scientific Writing
You will be responsible for:
- Create/review content for development and update of standard response letters, custom response letters, FAQs, infographics etc. Should be able to take decisions on presentation of information, structure and flow of content, and inclusion of relevant data. Should be familiar with AMA style of writing with adequate knowledge on language, grammar, stylization, and referencing.
- Should be able to handle enquiries, triage enquiries containing adverse events (AEs)/product quality complaints (PQCs) to the respective teams, develop/review MI responses to ad hoc queries received from HCPs/Internal staff/Public
- Localization of standard response documents.
- Data analytics: Creation of reports for products and identify trends from data.
- Should be well versed with scientific databases such as Pubmed, Embase etc and know the process of literature search and retrieving relevant publications/data.
- Familiarity with Veeva, IRMS, Endnote, Rightfind, Mendeley will be beneficial.
Lead projects end-to-end and ensure optimum project health by liaising with project manager and other relevant stakeholders (applicable for Lead role)
- Should be able to participate/lead client calls, understand client requirements and be able to discuss with clients on best-approaches for content presentation and flow, provide project status updates, answer any questions from the clients etc
- Responsible to follow the best practices in the department regarding – processes, communication (internal & external), project management, documentation
- Participate in assigned training programs and work on assignments as per requirement Mentor, train, and lead a team of medical writers
- Compliance to quality, confidentiality and security and adhere and follow quality systems, processes and policies
- Medical/Scientific communication writing plays a crucial role in the pharmaceutical industry and medical communications agencies. It involves creating and reviewing various types of content such as standard response letters, custom response letters, FAQs, infographics, and more. In this article, we will explore the responsibilities, skills, and requirements of a Senior Associate – Scientific Writing in the field of medical/ scientific communication writing.
- Introduction to Medical/Scientific Communication Writing; Medical/Scientific communication writing is the process of effectively communicating complex medical and scientific information to different stakeholders. It encompasses a wide range of deliverables, including scientific publications, regulatory documents, medical information responses, and marketing materials. The primary goal of medical/ scientific communication writing is to ensure accurate and clear dissemination of medical knowledge to healthcare professionals, patients, and the general public.
- Effective medical/ scientific communication writing is essential for the success of pharmaceutical companies and medical communications agencies. It helps in building trust and credibility, supporting evidence-based decision-making, and facilitating the safe and appropriate use of medical products.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of medical/scientific writing experience in pharmaceutical companies or medical communications agencies
- Understanding of any specialty area of medicine (preferred) or an overall understanding of the medical field.
- Strong flair and passion for writing.
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Passion for networking.
- Being up-to-date with the latest technical/scientific developments and relating them to various projects.
- Skilled with use of Microsoft tools
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and data interpretation
- M. Pharm/ Pharm. D/ BDS / MDS/Ph.D./ Any life science graduate with publication or medical writing experience
- Minimum 2 to 8 years of experience in Medical Writing, Scientific Writing, Medical Affairs and Medical Communication and
Medical Information deliverables.
How to Apply for Medical Writing Roles
If you are interested in a career in medical writing, specifically for the role of Senior Associate – Scientific Writing, you can apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com. Ensure that your CV highlights your relevant experience, education, and skills related to medical/scientific writing. Emphasize your strong writing abilities, understanding of the medical field, proficiency in Microsoft tools, and any specialized knowledge or publications you have.