ICAR-NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY Applications invited for Junior Research Fellow
ICAR-NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY
Lal Bahadur Shastri Building, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110012
Applications from Indian nationals are invited for temporary engagement under the following project. Engagement shall be purely on contractual basis.
Title of the Project: Designing bidirectional promoter capable of driving cas9 gene and guide RNA simultaneously for generating CRISPR- Cas9 based knockouts in soyabean.
Funding Agency: SERB
Duration of the Tenure: Two years from the date of service and further on satisfactory performance
Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Post: One
Emoluments Fixed per month (Rs.): Rs. 31,000/- + 24% HRA for first two years Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA for third year based on satisfactory performance.
Essential Qualifications: Post graduate degree in Plant Molecular biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Bioinformatics/Life Sciences/Plant physiology selected through a process described in any one of the following.
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test CSIR, UGC-NET including lectureship (Assistant professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through national level exam conducted by Central government departments and their agencies and institute such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Desirable Qualifications: Hands-on working experience in plant tissue culture and molecular biology techniques.
Date of Interview: 11/09/2023 at 11:00 am
Terms & Conditions:
- Interested candidates will attend the Walk-In-Interviews with 2 copies of Application form along with 2 – attested copies of all the documents related to educational qualifications/experience/publications etc. The candidates must also bring all the Original documents for verification. However, the candidates who wish to take online interviews must submit their Application form strictly in the prescribed format along with the scanned pdf of their original documents by dated 05/09/2023. The application form and the documents must be clubbed in a single pdf and send it on the email IDs viz. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail should be kept as the Advertisement No. of the post.
- The link for taking the interviews will be sent on the email ID of the eligible candidates only.
- The Original of following documents, along with 2 self-attested copies, mentioned below must be brought by the candidate to secure their eligibility for taking Interviews.
- Application form strictly in the format given in the next page (all fields mandatory)
- Complete CV.
- Class 10 Mark sheet
- Class 10 Pass Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Class 12 Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet/Transcript
- Graduation Degree Certificate
- Post-Graduation Mark sheet/Transcript
- Post-Graduation Degree Certificate
- Experience Certificate (as & where applicable)
- No-Objection Certificate (essentially required if currently employed, as & where applicable)
- Conversion factor from CGPA to percentage, wherever applicable.
- PhD. Degree certificate. (as & where applicable)
- PhD marksheet. (as & where applicable)
- SC/ST/OBC Non-Creamy Layer/PH certificate as applicable.
- Copy of publication if any.
- Any other relevant documents. Those candidates who fail to bring the documents mentioned above on the date of Interviews, their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Only candidates having essential qualifications would be considered for the interviews.
- Number of post as advertised may increase or decrease depending upon the requirement of the Institute and various undergoing/running projects having same essential qualifications.
- Incomplete applications without requisite documents in any form will be summarily rejected.
- All the claims made in application form needs to be attached with substantial documentary evidence else the claim will not be considered.
- For claiming experience, necessary experience certificate duly issued by competent authority has to be enclosed with application for consideration of the same.
- Age Limit: Upper age limit for application to the post of JRF is mentioned as under (As per ICAR guidelines)
- Male 35 years
- Female 40 years
- No TA/DA would be given for appearing in the interview.
- The positions are purely temporary, on a contractual basis and initially offered for one year or till project duration whichever is earlier. However, the positions can be terminated with one months’ notice owing to any change in circumstances. The person selected will have no right to claim employment or engagement in ICAR at the end of the contract period.
- Concealing of facts/canvassing shall lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- The Competent Authority/Director of the Institute reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- The decision of the Competent Authority/Director of the Institute will be final and binding in all aspects.
- In case of any disputes, it will be resolved within the jurisdiction of New Delhi Court only.
- Candidates are advised to keep checking the Institute website on a regular basis for any kind of further information regarding interview.
- The tentative date of interview 11/09/2023. The candidates shall report at LBS Building, Pusa Campus, New Delhi – 110012 at 9.30 am.