Position Title: Associate-HazCom
- SWe are looking for an Associate to join our Global Product Stewardship Team.
- This position assures continuity and drives business growth by complying with regulations applicable to the company’s products and business activities.
- Executes transactional processes as necessary, to ensure day-to-day compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations.
- Provides an opportunity to be an expert in end-to-end Safety Data Sheet authoring, label generation and maintenance.
- Participates in the screening of new raw materials and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Provides regulatory approval in the New Product Introduction (NPI), product extension, and product translation processes.
- This role will provide regulatory support to both internal and external customers, lead/ contribute to development of new concepts, techniques, and standards, and ongoing implementation and continuous improvement of product safety, hazard communication, and regulatory processes and system support.
- Responsible for the preparation and update of Safety Data Sheets and labels for raw materials, intermediates, and finished products using standard systems and processes as per the regional regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for material introduction (NPI), classifications and labelling (includes dangerous goods classifications with SME inputs).
- Interacts with and responds to global customers, suppliers, and other applicable functions in supporting hazard communication and regulatory compliance needs
- Complete understanding and application of regulatory principles, concepts, practices, and in-depth knowledge of industry practices. Initiates necessary actions related to changing chemical regulations in various world regions.
- Drives projects related to SDS creation and maintenance as identified.
- Provides regulatory approval in the material master workflow for product creation, product extension, and product translation processes by ensuring that the regional hazard communication needs have been satisfied.
- Ensures compliance through management of regulatory checks/blocks.
- Supports change management by initiating Notification of Change (NOC) and participating in Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Establishes, manages, and/or reports metrics for work and/or tie into global reporting to assure progress with respect to compliance and business growth is measured and communicated.
- Continuously furthers expertise in hazard communication legislation and regulation for various regions/countries.
- Additionally, will be required to support eSDS authoring and be responsible for maintaining exposure scenario in SAP and authoring/updating extended Safety Data Sheets (e-SDS) for products identified, including testing and executing of automation efforts towards eSDS generation.
- Understands the exposure scenarios uses in the life cycle of a substances and works closely with Reach team including service provider to identify the chemical safety report and can interpret the chemical safety report
Experience: Bachelor of Engineering / Pharmacy / Master’ degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Science, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, or equivalent
- Fresher to 03 years of relevant experience working in/ for a chemical/petrochemical or related to Product Stewardship and Regulatory Compliance/ Environmental Health and Safety/Occupational Safety and Industrial Hygiene or other applicable experience.
- Good English verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Computer literate in standard office systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage data-intensive activities.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Experience in troubleshooting to allow the development of sound resolution of issues.
- The position requires availability for global calls and interactions, and may have to be open to flexible working hours to overlap with the business day in case of supporting different time zones.
- SAP EHS experience.
- Project management skills.
- Exposure to European REACH-related activities.
Momentive believes a diverse workforce empowers our people, strengthens our business and contributes to a sustainable world. Our leadership recognizes the many benefits that result from a more diverse workforce where individual and group differences are valued. We are firmly committed to improving our practices in meaningful ways to drive progress toward an equitable and inclusive environment for all, with an ultimate goal of a working environment where diversity, inclusion and belonging are deeply embedded in the fabric of our culture and felt by our people and communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by law. To be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment and be of legal working age as defined by local law. Additionally, where permitted by law, final candidates may be subject to a background investigation, medical fitness test and drug test depending on the role and the location of the position.