Sr. Associate Scientist in Mumbai, India
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 152133 – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of connecting with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be! Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. We win as a global organization by continually learning and collaborating. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success. If you want to work for a company that lives by its values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day.
This position is primarily responsible for identifying new product development opportunities by better understanding consumer, customer, and business trends (unmet needs) and translating those opportunities into prototypes (MVP) and gaining support of internal stakeholders (marketing, supply chain, and GTCs) and bringing the idea to life in form of a marketable product. This position works closely with the team lead to implement projects (existing ideas or briefs from marketing/CICs) to achieve desired business results. This position must evaluate existing formulations and come up with innovative ideas to simplify the formula/process which can result in potential savings (FTG) for the organization. This role requires the incumbent to partner with multiple stakeholders both within & outside the GTC and achieve win-win partnerships at all times. In addition, the incumbent must attain excellence in operations (compliance to safety, quality and regulatory guidelines, smooth pilot plant operations, etc.) while working on new product development initiatives.
Main Responsibilities :
Operational Excellence: Formulation Development, Service Consumer Test Samples, Lab & Pilot plant batches, Aging Studies, Record Keeping & Documentation.
- Independently lead pilot plant operations and ensure 100% compliance with all safety, quality, and regulatory requirements for the assigned product/brand.
- Leverage Science & data analytics to identify potential problems or opportunities and create appropriate action plans in consultation with the manager to address the same
- Provide excellent support for all ongoing and new product development projects & initiatives such as margin improvement programs to improve the bottom line.
- Utilize statistical approaches to experimental design to maximize learning with the least amount of time and with minimum resources
- Be 100% compliant with all Product Safety, Quality, and Regulatory requirements to operate with cost-effectiveness and speed throughout the product life cycle.
- Gain expertise in respective product category fundamentals and develop the capability to independently execute projects from conceptualization to implementation on the ground.
- Share internal and external technical knowledge discoveries, ideas, and vision with colleagues through documentation, presentations, publications, and patents
- Supplier Qualification Program: Lead supplier qualification programs for raw & packing materials & provide the required support to packaging material qualification programs.
- Be agile and respond quickly to changing consumer and/or business expectations
- Constantly identify opportunities to improve existing systems & processes which helps to improve process compliance and improve speed to market for all existing and new products.
New Product Development
- Integrate technological breakthroughs and consumer insights to develop new ideas, products, innovative technologies, solutions, and communications that engage and delight the consumer, shopper, profession
- Demonstrate ability to independently plan and execute brief and off-brief projects with minimum supervision. Independently lead all product development projects for the assigned product/brands (existing & new) from conceptualization to implementation on the ground.
- Demonstrate expertise in brand/range technology to develop new innovative product bundles and solutions that cater to unmet consumer needs.
- Develop impactful claims for all existing & new products leading to sustainable business growth. Translate technical attributes into simple, consumer-relevant benefits and concepts
- Apply scientific knowledge and a strong sense of curiosity in all aspects of the job including innovation, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- Support FTG by exploring opportunities to optimize cost through formula and process optimization as well as identifying new vendors for quality ingredients sourcing at low cost
Business Partnering / Relationship Building
- Build formal & informal networks to constantly stay updated with new technology trends and breakthroughs
- Partner closely with commercial & supply chain functions to drive sustainable business growth and build strong business acumen (end-to-end business understanding)
- Collaborate effectively with all internal & external stakeholders within and outside Colgate to ensure the smooth implementation of technology programs. Example: Partnership with Marketing/CIC, Supply Chain, teams within India GTC and Piscataway and other GTCs.
Build Future Ready Agile Organization:
- Leverage Colgate’s performance management & development process to enhance one’s performance & capability.
- Mentor & Coach trainees/interns in a structured manner to enhance their performance and level of contribution to the organization
- Should be able to give & seek feedback on an ongoing basis by leveraging Colgate’s coaching program and initiatives.
Required (Education, Knowledge required, Language skills, etc) :
- Master’s/Ph. D. degree required (Chemical Engineer/ Pharmacy/ Science)
- At least 4 years of experience in R&D
- Experience in Cosmetic/ Pharma product development with a reputed FMCG/Pharma company
- Experience working in FMCG (Oral care) company
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care, and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Amex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s website at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.